A lot of the Mommy's blogs are rife with the idea that the Dad's should be buying them gifts, as well as the kids. Don't know if I necessarily agree with this concept, but I could be magnanimous about the issue because I got a gift from both Gilles and Isabelle!? I mean they all have their own Mom's to buy for, and if your children are young, than they are really in charge of buying you the gift anyway. In any case, I was totally spoiled this Mom's day and received a "cruiser" bike from Gilles and a pair of croc's and a picture book from Isabelle. The picture book is actually of Isabelle and entitled "Hats off to Mom". A company online does them and it's the most incredible thing. Gilles picked all the photos and captions and they print them all into a book format for you - a forever keepsake that features Isabelle in all her many "hatted" glory since she was born. I can't wait to show it off.
We had a great day - a nice sleep in while Dad took Isabelle for a nice walk in the tulips, and breakfast in bed for Mom upon their return. Then, off to brunch with Renee, Shawn, Logan and Shelly (at the restaurant we got married at - received gratis mimosas from the Manager!), a walk through the market, and then Gilles took Isabelle for a run in the chariot while I tooled around beside them on my new bike. Also got a bike helmet - a Louis Garneau - model called the "diva", in pink. Bring it on! I can't wait until we can get her a front carrier and then I can purchase some streamers for the handlebars - all under the guise of them being for Isabelle's enjoyment. My favourite part of the bike is the bell. Here I come down the canal, ding, ding, ding......
So, on to the cheese since I have to say that having a little one around this year is definitely present enough. She makes me laugh and I enjoy life so much more than I ever thought possible since she came around. Everything is new and exciting when you see it through her eyes and I delight in all of the new sounds and experiences she is having. In later years when she's totally stressing me out, which I am told will happen, I may actually want something in return for Mom's day(!), but this year, I have to say that she is all the gift I could ever have wanted. To that end, also want to thank the Mom's in my life - Grandma B and Marshall who were both always present in my life, my Mom-in-law who has always been great to me, and my own Mom who is the best ever.
Let's see; back to the weekend now that the cheese portion is over! Isabelle was fascinated with peek-a-boo, and sprouted her second tooth. We also got to visit with Alli Howell and Sean on Saturday and had a great time showing Isabelle all of the tulip beds. Got some great photos. Watched the new TV and LOVE it. 34 inch projection HD - I mean I even watched an entire SENS hockey game because it made you feel like you were in the arena. Who would have thought :)
No comments:
Post a Comment