Sunday, April 06, 2008

Florida

Well, we arrived and seeing as how we are enjoying ourselves SO much, this blog will be short and sweet!







Keeping busy on the plane....



We arrived, no problem on Saturday night at around 7:00pm and we made it to the condo by 9:30pm. How lovely it is to finally feel warm air, and wear my flip flops - Isabelle is fascinated by my naked toes (and even more by Gran's toe, which are painted)!

Breakfast time. Checking out the ocean view and all the pelicans with Grandpa!



Isabelle is no longer the long haired little girl you see in the previous posts. The humidity in the air has turned her into, according to one woman today at Target, Shirley Temple. Her hair is SHORT due to the masses of ringlets - corkscrew curls, the likes of which I have never seen before. It's crazy I tell you. Her hair has always been curly, but to this extent will mean jealous women all across the country.

Curly haired Sue!



She is loving Florida life. Nothing but walking on the beach, playing in the pool, having fun with Gran and Grandpa, eating and shopping.......and all that in the sole 24 hours we've been here! We stocked up on beach toys, water flotation devices and Starbuck's when we visited Target today, as well as a FEW clothing purchases (I could not hold myself back). In actual fact, I have been in retail withdrawl for the past two months waiting to come here, and I was off to a good start when Isabelle and I hit the Disney store in the Orlando airport (I figured that was waiting long enough). She needed to have a package of all of the Disney princesses - Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Arielle, Tinkerbell, Snow White, and her very favourite, CINDERELLA (Lella). To be honest, I was just anxious to start the holiday consumerism, but she has carried them all around with her today so it seems like it was actually worthwhile. Ah, vindication for my sickness :)

Hanging out at the pool.....



Heading out to the ocean. Three generations of Marshall/Bangay/Constant girls!



Taking a stroll with Gran and Grandpa.....



We're settling in and have easily grown accustomed the the high 20's temperatures. It's amazing how easily you forget that you've been living in the Arctic for the past three months. It rained all afternoon but we had a couple of good hours in the pool with the sunshine, and quite frankly, I'll take it and have NO complaints. BBQ for dinner, a very happy child who is eating up all the attention and the new toys.

When in Rome.........get yourself a Tilly Hat (or borrow Grandpa's)!



Isabelle and her Mommy check out the big ocean and all its goodies!



Isabelle checks out the scene with the ever present baby (thank you ONCE AGAIN Auntie Meg and Olan)!



It's been all very exciting so far. Now that she's bit older, it's obviously having a huge impact on her this year and we're all enjoying watching and experiencing it through her eyes. What a beauty and little love.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my god I can't believe those curls!!! Gorgeous!
I'm so jealous looking at all of you chillin on the beach and by the pool. Wish I could be there to give you all big kisses!
Miss you
Aunite Mer
p.s. Nice bangs!

alyson said...

Thanks man (re: the bangs). We all wish you were here too! I'll give her a kiss from Auntie Mer.