Our day started out at the beach. Mom and Dad were ready to go and Gilles and I were lagging a bit behind so they took off with Susie Q and we got ready to meet them. Isabelle has been, thus far, a huge fan of the pool, but not so much of the ocean. It's fairly big (!) and intimidating. When the waves roll in, and they've been more like crashing with the winds of late, Isabelle is not keen to be in the middle of the action. She likes for you to hold her and walk in, but tends to shy away by herself. She walks all around on the sand, but tries to avoid direct contact with the water if she can. Let's just say that Grandpa was a hero today. By the time Gilles and I got down to the beach a half an hour later, it was to find Isabelle completely soaked, and in the middle of the surf with her Grandfather. I was completely speechless. 360 degrees in as much time as it took us to get our bathing suits on. I took over so Mom and Dad could take their daily beach walk, and Isabelle and I hit the waves with a vengeance. She had a blast for quite some time, and then her Mom underestimated the strength of one of the waves and completely submerged her. She took a break after that one, and I'm pretty sure I didn't scar her for life, but still. Not one of my best moves. The thing is that the waves are pretty strong, so you're holding on to her, and at the same time, the sand beneath your feet is giving way. It's a fairly complicated dance. I'll work harder on that one from now on!
Letting Grandpa know she was checking the waves out.
Prepped to go. Baby in hand!
Mid wave and loving it!
One leaves and another one comes. The beauty of the ocean.
Mid surf!
No commentary needed.
Hard day at the office!
We had a great time at the pool afterwards. She is becoming a total pool junkie and could stay down there all day long. She loves being in it, walking around it, checking out everyone else sun bathing and watching her Gran swim back and forth doing her laps. She tends to make her own laps running around (WALK Isabelle, please WALK) the poolside!
Enjoying her Gran.
After the long hard morning, she slept like a champ in the afternoon. Gilles had a nice run along the beach and I, of course, sat like a log by the pool soaking up the waves. We got ready and headed out for Target to check on a roller coaster for the Isabelle and Logan day care facility (also known as home), and then to meet up with Mom, Dad, Martha and John at a restaurant called Aunt Catfish right on the Intercoastal waterway. They had a great area for the kids outside, complete with slide, so Isabelle was content to wait and have some fun with the other kids. She even made a friend named Morgan, who was 8, and helped her out on the slide and gave her a big hug good bye when we were called into the restaurant. This all transpired a bit later than we had anticipated since it was such a busy place. We headed over to the salad bar to see what we could feed her immediately but she decided that she wasn't having any of it (teething again lately)......Gilles and I made a call to get her home instead of having her out until quite late and we headed off to get some take out and let the grown up's have a leisurely meal. She hit the pillow and was out like a light after some yogurt and banana. Another late night (9:30pm)!
Never too tired to enjoy a slide!
As much as we coat her in 50 SPF, she's still a little pink from the past few days. We have to drive Gilles into Orlando tomorrow as he is flying home so we're going to hit the Orlando outlets for a few hours before he leaves. I'm happy to shop and our bodies probably could do with a rest from the sun! I'm sure I'll have much to report tomorrow night, and not to worry Meg, I will still be primed and ready for shopping extravaganza part deux when you arrive! No amateurs in this family :)
No comments:
Post a Comment