Short stop to make an important call!
So, Toronto! Visited and stayed with Isabelle's Great Grandpa and had a wonderful time catching up. Great condo and amazing amenities for the condo owners. A huge lounge area, bar and reading room, a library, movie theatre and gym, as well as a great looking dining room are among my favourites. We had fun exploring and Isabelle loved the long hallways and open spaces - lots of room to run free and wild!
Stopping to smell the flowers....
We had a great visit with Grandma at Sunrise. We met Aunt Janice, Scott and Jessica for dinner on Friday night. It was nice to check out the place and see where Grandma's staying. Isabelle was adored by many residents and had quite a fun time smelling the flowers and flirting with all of her admirers. She really was taken with the pet bird and the resident cat.
Isabelle with her Great Grandparents.
Saturday was our visit with the Constant family in Mississauga. The Texans were down for the occasion and Isabelle fell in love with Matthew and Michael. She was given a soft plush soccer ball and doesn't want to let it out of her sight now! They all had a great time playing and getting to know each other - Isabelle would have been happy to follow those two boys anywhere. She plays strange with some adults on occasion, but this was not to be the case with them. It was like they were long lost friends and she was at ease immediately. Matthew was amazing with her, and let her attack and poke at him happily. She was in awe!
Attacking Matthew!
Playing Post Office with Michael.
Four boys and two girls...
We HAD to make a stop at Yorkdale, of course. I have not blogged about the fact that the Holt Renfrew in Ottawa no longer carries children's wear (I KNOW, THE HORROR!).....Let's just say I went in a couple of weeks ago and was devastated to find the department gone. No more Burberry's or Dior, Ralph Lauren and Juicy Couture at our fingertips for our little Belle. Thankfully, the trip to Florida is around the corner and I'll be able to find those lines there. But, I digress. We went to Pottery Barn kids and picked up her BIG Easter gift which is the pink chair you see in the photos. She loves it, and her father is quite happy that Pottery Barn is only in Toronto since her Mom wanted one of everything in the store! Checked out H & M, as well as the Holt Renfrew which still carries children's clothes for the next month (stocked up!), and the Rainforest cafe for lunch. Isabelle has been there with cousin Olan before and was just as jazzed this time about all of the wildlife around the restaurant, the big fish tanks and the haute cuisine - mac and cheese!
Proud owner of her comfy chair!
We visited with Alli and Sean and checked out a couple of things. First and foremost, the new engagement ring she's sporting.....absolutely gorgeous, and second, their newly renovated home. I tell you. IMPRESSIVE. Two kids (sorry, but you qualify under the age of 30) who have basically demolished a house and rebuilt it from scratch ALL BY THEMSELVES. In a word, crazy, but so incredible. Talented they are, and they've done a wonderful job. Big open kitchen, exposed brick walls. I'm so proud of those two and really wish my Dad could have seen the before and after. If he didn't want to adopt Alli before because of her go get em' nature, the reno's would definitely be the way to melt him completely.
So, the big day came and Isabelle was quick to catch on to the egg hunt. She was off and running, and Gilles, Grandpa and I watched in awe. Into the plants, under the furniture - she hit them all and was quite excited when she discovered that there were goldfish crackers once the eggs were cracked open. Always delighted to open gifts - thanks for sending them for her - she was so happy to have so many things to open!
Searching in the funniest places for plastic eggs. Who would have imagined it this easy to catch on?
Making sure Great Grandpa wasn't about to pounce before she did.....just in case I'll take three at once!
Is that all? Is this game over!?
I have many eggs to myself, but I will share!
Brunch was a lovely affair at Aunt Janice's with the Ganas crew, Jeremy and Sarah, Grandpa and Jess and Chris. We all partook in Eggs Benedict, fruit plates and spinach salad. Isabelle was happy to carry around her branch of grapes for quite some time. It was, overall, a jam packed three days, but it was so nice to see everyone and Isabelle was great. She didn't complain or whine even when we were rushing around from one place to the next, and traveling for so long in the car. What a little trouper.
Hello Sarah. My name is Isabelle. I think I'd like to get to know you better.
Dismantling Aunt Janice's egg tree.....
Other than the above, she continues to grow each and every day. Her hair is like a weed right now, and I'm debating a cut. It's kind of unruly, but I think once it's grown out a bit longer, the ponytail will be a saviour until it can be tamed once more. She is still enthralled with the mirror, and especially now when she's got a pretty party dress on (mom has already pointed out how much she takes after me in this regard).....She's taken to carrying around a little purse I gave her full of old ID, her binky's and a comb and brush set. Quite the little lady in the making. She's gotten very smart about being naughty too. If you catch her about to do something she knows she shouldn't, she suddenly pretends she was just on her way to give you a big hug. It's hilarious and makes it really hard not to laugh when she should be scolded. That's my girl. I adore this child beyond comprehension.
5 comments:
Oh my god she looks SO old I can't believe it! Her hair is so much longer and she's taller... just insane!
Nice easter party dress! Even though Holt Renfrew no longer have a children's section you somehow manage to find her something nice... how do you do it!?! You're hilarious!
I'm with Merry. You're hilarious. The Easter dress is delicious as is Isabelle.
I live 10 blocks away from Holts in Toronto and have never been in. Come deflower me some day.
Yeah that's right I made Holts virginity joke.
Oh my god I'm laughing so hard. Jen and Aly in Holts together in the baby section, this I must see :)
Thank god I'm seeing Isabelle soon because she's looking way too grown up! When are you moving to Halifax?
Oh MY GOD I so want to deflower you. I've been waiting years for an offer and if it involves Holts, so much the better :) Bring it on baby! We'll take pictures Meg. Jen with a big question mark on her face and Alyson rushing around madly grabbing up clothes while she watches me, completely stunned (which is something in and of itself). Either that, or she is dragging me bodily to the front door trying to save me from retail hell. Ahh, such a sinner......
On another note, I can't believe you had a delicious Fenner in Ottawa over Easter and we were in the big smoke.
Post a Comment