Tuesday, June 19, 2007

9 months and counting!

The doctor's visit yesterday went well. Isabelle continues to grow in leaps and bounds. She is now 28.5 inches long, which is the 80th percentile for height, and is 21 pounds, again the 90th percentile for weight. You go girl! She has reached all her milestones and was a card. Loves the instruments hanging from the wall, and was in no hurry to leave - witness the karate chop! She is not, however, so easy to place on the weigh scale anymore. While she used to be content to lie there, she now wants to try to roll right off it. Luckily, the nurse Betty and I were able to thwart her attempts and get a clear read. I kind of despair the day she does start crawling since she is such a little noodle. Her latest and greatest is gymnastics of a kind when she breastfeeds. She's curled around my waist like a little "c" and she takes her feet, one at a time, and moves them to her head so that she can scratch her face, play with her ear, or alternatively, do the same to mine. Can you be more distracted while you're feeding?

Later I had a dental appointment and had two cavities filled. I ask you, does anyone really know what they're doing in your mouth while you sit there? Also, WHAT is with the questions and commentary while they work on you? As if you are in any position to answer at the time, and if you're me, you're just hanging on, waiting for the pain and agony to end. I had a lot of freezing so I spent the next five hours trying to suck out of a straw on my left hand side and feeling like my whole right had side was drooping down my face.

Gearing up for a busy week. Prepping the hotel downstairs for Grandpa's arrival - cats will have to relinquish some of their space. Also, for a work party we're attending on Friday. Once again I fear whether I will be able to leave, or whether they will spirit me back to the office where I will have to stay, away from the little one. You may as well say it, the time is coming so I HAVE to prepare myself somewhat, just not sure HOW that's going to happen. If I ever have nightmares anymore, this is what they're about. To that end, the daycare we really wanted her to go to, MAY have space for us in September. It's in a big home in the Glebe and has four extra helpers, with University and/or college diplomas in childcare, aside from the owner. They serve only organic food, and the kids all help to make their lunch. They also have a kinder music teacher that comes in once a month, a yoga and dance instructor that visit, and an amazing indoor and outdoor play area. If I HAVE to leave her somewhere, I would feel better if it were there.

Lastly, a very Happy Birthday Greeting to Isabelle's Grandpapa in Winnipeg. We're thinking of you, miss you, and love you lots!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice to see Isabelle in her crib-how happy she looks!! Congrats Isabelle on your doctor's visit-your Mom and Dad are doing the right things! Gran

meghan & olan said...

Oh I just want to bite on to that tummy! Did they mention her inability to get any cuter at her doctor's appointment? So, so sweet!