Friday, June 15, 2007

The princess and the pea!

Since coming home from Halifax, we have started the LONG overdue (I can hear my Mom laughing at me) process of getting Isabelle to sleep in her own crib. We have even gone as far as ordering her a special, smaller crib, from the US, which can be placed in our room to transition her to her own big crib, in her OWN room down the hall. This crib is now, with a lot of work, positioned right beside my side of the bed, so that I can no longer even get out without sidling to the end, and tentatively, so as not to awaken her, crawling out. Good grief! In any case, there must be a pea underneath BOTH of her mattresses since she awakens every freaking half an hour as soon as she is in either one of them. This, from the baby who will crash out for an hour-two hours in our bed for her morning naps. I am at a loss. I can reach out and touch her, she can see me, and she's still really unhappy to be there. Her spidey senses start tingling as soon as she is placed, oh so delicately, and asleep to boot, in her own resting spot. For the record though, I have attached a photo that my Mom has long been pining for - Isabelle in her OWN bed, of sorts!

Her Mom is also suffering from the same sort of malady. While I was away, Gilles washed the duvet and pillow cases and I feel like one of my pillows has been replaced by one of his. I can't seem to get my head comfy when I settle down to get some zzzzz's. It's taking me forever, and I feel like this misplaced pillow is to blame, only I can't figure out which one is missing. For the record, I have four, and he has two, so this shouldn't be too hard a task. Also for the record, I only actually sleep with two, and they are no where near Isabelle when she is in the bed. After all the data coming out, I feel this disclaimer is a necessity.

No comments: