
Well, it's been awhile and it's been busy. I'll start at the beginning, which would have been swimming classes last week - Isabelle was in heaven. She started screaming the minute we walked throught into the pool area (I guess the bathing suit wasn't a clue for her!), and didn't stop until we left 45 minutes later. She made a new friend named Taj and was quite happy to follow him around the pool, singing with her Mom and the other parents. We'll have to take some pictures for you. We used the pool noodles and floater boards, but this wasn't a big lesson day as they were supposed to be familiarizing themselves with the water. No real need for that here, but she had fun with her free time, and flirted with her Dad, who watched from the sidelines.

Canada Day weekend was great. We got a lot of things accomplished - mainly the spring cleaning we didn't do in the spring this year! Meg and Olan were coming on Tuesday and it seemed like the perfect excuse to get a move on, so to speak. I went through Isabelle's closet and actually boxed up all the clothing that had been in bags on the floor when she outgrew them all. Can't believe she EVER fit into those up to 7lbs sleepers. Seems like a dream! Now we have boxes of clothing that we couldn't part with in the garage. Waiting for the next little girl to come along, or who knows!? It will be fun to show them to her someday in any case.
We hit Uncle Phil's for a bbq on Canada Day and had a great time. Isabelle, of course, loved all the attention. After she was in bed, Gilles and I listened to the fireworks on Parliament Hill and had the tv set to the Rogers channel so we could watch them go off! What a difference a year makes!

Here is a photo of what I have described before, which is Isabelle feeding, and/or doing gymnastics? This is also pretty tame as her hands are usually involved in picking up her feet and stretching them every which way, scratching either of our faces or just seeing where she can put them - also because I am posting it on the blog. I don't think this is normal, but perhaps it is?
On Tuesday afternoon, Isabelle's bestest friend arrived. I picked up Olan and Meg at the airport and she has been in heaven ever since. Perpetual playmate - someone to eat with and watch. Only problem so far being that she needs to do it at exactly the same time he does. It's so nice to have them here, and hopefully we'll have Logan over too so that the three little munchkins can all be together again. Last time, they were barely conscious, and too tiny to notice each other.
1 comment:
man she is too cute. those bottom teeth are getting big too... watch out mommy!
miss you oh so much, wish i was there to see the babies together.
xo auntie mer
Post a Comment