What time is it Mr. Shark?
On Tuesday we were back at our swim lessons after missing them for a couple of weeks due to travel. She was quite happy to be back in the pool. There were fewer Mom's this time and that's perhaps why this happened. Finally, someone was an even bigger loser than I am when it comes to kids songs. We had to sing Old MacDonald, but this time, it was Old MacDonald had a pond, and so on. This guy, number one, didn't know the song, which I couldn't believe because isn't that the ONE song everyone knows, and number two, then said there was a dolphin in the pond. We all went with it, but I was wondering what kind of ponds he has been visiting? The same guy then got all competitive during "What time is it Mr. Shark". We usually take turns being the Mr. Shark, but this guy was determined that no one was going to catch them swimming (which I use loosely as his daughter is about 8 months) back to the other side of the pool. When the instructor told him to take a turn, he asked why since no one had been able to catch him. I felt like responding in kind and telling him I would take a turn and mow him down in the pool. I mean, this is for the kids for crying out loud...BUT, if it wasn't, I am very competitive and I could've taken him. I let Isabelle know this and we felt somewhat better about the whole situation. He did not, however, catch us on his turn! I hope his wife is back next week. I have a hard time, obviously, not responding to people like that.
So, today we went to St. Laurent in the pouring rain (insanity!) because there was little else to do and Isabelle seems bored of some of her toys....or is that her Mom? Speaking of which, her Gran bought her a boom box and asked me for my permission. I, for some strange reason, gave it thinking it would be a cool thing to have - also kind of wondered why she was asking for permission? Now, I would like to throw the thing out the window when one of the 15 songs it plays comes on. The problem is that Isabelle keeps changing the songs too, so that just as you are really getting into the singing, the song is over and she is on to the next. Care for the first two lines of Mary had a Little Lamb about 20 times in a 15 minute period???? UGH!
I decided today that it was time for crayons and some huge easel paper so we could see if a Monet, or a Picasso awaited us! While we were there, we went to the breastfeeding room and sat down, only to be joined by another Mom and her daughter. Isabelle is, of course, now more interested in the people that have arrived, than in eating. I am noticing how quiet and restrained the other, much younger looking baby is, whilst our Isabelle has taken off her Converse shoe and is, mid feed, lassooing it around her head with the lace. The Mom and I get to chatting, because Isabelle has now decided that she would much rather amuse the others, and I find out that the little girl was born September 25th, and is a mere 9 days younger than the raving lunatic feeder that I am holding, or trying to restrain from throwing herself off the chair. She is in the 5th percentile and is quite small, but also much more reserved than Isabelle. She played nicely with her Mom's necklace and finished feeding before she gave us her attention, and then Isabelle had a great friend and an impromptu playdate at the Mall.
So, a few hours after our return and Isabelle's nap - we try out the crayons. For the record, this may be the one disclaimer that is on the money for age requirements. They say 1+ and I have to agree with them (for the record, the boom box says for 3+ and this is ridiculous). Anyway, she only wanted to eat the crayons, and thankfully they're non-toxic because she ended up at one point with blue crayon across her face and absolutely NOTHING on the big easel paper. I would include a photo of her first work, but the most she got on the giant paper were three black dots when she seemed to miss her face and mouth and hit the paper instead in her exuberance. Thankfully kindermusic classes start next week and she will have a new outlet, and some new songs we can practice at home.
Maybe this is the time she'll go for the paper?
Nope, tricked again MOM!
No comments:
Post a Comment