Friday, April 27, 2007

John Mayer


So, we arrived home from Florida at 5:50pm and I had a concert to attend with Alli Howell at 7:00pm! Needless to say, I held my breath through customs in order to head home quickly and on to the Corel Centre. The tickets were on paper and I am a big fan of John Mayer - they were one of my anniversary gifts for the big #1 (paper!). It was an excellent concert and we had a great time. I must admit that I have always liked John Mayer, and really wanted to see him in concert in case there was actual evidence of brain damage that I couldn't be privy to unless it was in person (along with thousands of other people)!? I mean, the guy lost HUGE points with me when he started dating Jessica Simpson. I don't think that Newlyweds made her look stupid in any case - I tried to give her some credit and she always screwed it up with a completely inane comment - chicken of the sea always comes to mind, although there were countless others. Now you know I saw more than one episode - that in and of itself is somewhat embarassing. The girl can make money though............

Alli stayed for most of the weekend and it was great to visit - had some bbq and a visit to the market. It was sunny and warm so it was an easier transition from Florida that I initially expected. Alli was great fun as always. Super easy to be with and is one of the great friends who is without kids but is totally keen on getting to know Isabelle, and very patient with our schedule - like the half an hour to 45 minutes it takes to get her fed and put her down for a nap. That sort of thing - she grabs herself a book and heads out to the porch. We kept Isabelle busy and she seemed happy to be at home with her toys. After trips like that she usually spends the first couple of days seemingly bored with her Mom - where are all the adoring fans and why is she not being amused each and every second of the day!?

No comments: