Thursday, September 03, 2009

Growing Boy

Oliver visited Dr. Chan today for his 6 month checkup and, as always, was a big hit with both the doctor and his nurse. He weighed in at 15 lbs, 9 oz, so about a pound heavier than last month's visit. We are happy to report that he is moving up the percentile scales for weight and height nicely. He also toughed his way through two big needle pokes, one in each leg, just one quick shriek and then no more tears! Zen little guy, always calm, cool and collected. He has the green light to start varying his diet, so in addition to loads of milk and the recent forays into rice cereal and bananas, he is ready for some sweet potatoes, blueberries and broccoli. Good news all around as we enjoy the wicked Ottawa weather of late and get geared up for a long weekend filled with fun and festivities, including Logan's birthday bash!

Big sis always protecting L'il O


Oliver the Jumping Bean

2 comments:

Fairy godmom.xox said...

Oh, I was WAITING for the Jolly Jumper pics but now I don't want them!! He looks WAY too grown-up!!! As if he isn't just the cutest little thing... and I love the pic of the two of them. :)

alyson said...

You will be here soon so hang on. He hasn't grown THAT much in three weeks :) I am now cleaning out toys, thankfully since that pic of him in the Jolly Jumper makes it look like he's in the middle of toy tornado!