Friday, February 06, 2009
The Bookworm
Isabelle appears to be following the footsteps of Mom, Gran, Grandmama and many more of her predecessors. The child loves books beyond belief. Her bookcase is stuffed so tight that it's hard for her to even pull a book out and it is impossible to get her to bed without her having read every book within arm's length. Curious George's antics are a night-time favourite, but lately she is obsessed with Olivia, and especially Olivia and the Missing Toy. There is no situation Isabelle could be in where she would refuse to read this book, and usually she will end up reading her favourite lines to you! Not the slightest of complaints from her parents however, we love that she is a reading fanatic and will feed this pastime as much as possible. Read on, little one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love that we have little bookworms! Just like us.
I got the Gruffalo for Olan yesterday and I can already see it's going to be a favourite. I also need to track down some more Yvonne Jagtenberg. We have Jack's Rabbit by her and I love it (as does he)! We'll have to bring our faves to Florida and have a book swap! :)
In this age of computer games, it is beyond wonderful that a love of books lives on!
Ha - Meg - the Gruffalo is one of Fenner's (and my) favourite - it's fun to sing the story. Needless to say she may look like Jason but she's beginning to sound like me...poor j.
reading...gotta get 'em while their young.
Post a Comment