Bad Hair Day!
Chilling on the stairs...
Monday was my day and I called dibbs on Cosmic Adventures. What a blast that place is. I'm convinced that if you created something equivalent for adults, you would make huge cash. Thousands of square feet dedicated to running around and mucking about in plastic balls, through foam pillars, on soft and springy surfaces, and down slides of all shapes and sizes. Our only incident was when a very assertive (polite way of saying pain in the ass) little boy began bullying Isabelle and Logan in one of the big crawling tubes. I sat back and watched to see what his mom would do (yes you guessed right, absolutely nothing). I didn't have long to wait before Isabelle took matters in her own hands. The next time the little boy tried to smash his way past Logan, Isabelle grabbed him by his most sensitive area with one hand (this is not, I repeat NOT something her mother has taught her), and with the other hand, hit him over the head with a plastic ball she had swiped from the ball pit (I still remember it was purple that's how astounded I was watching her). Thankfully, they were slightly hidden away in the tube and so I let matters be (silently congratulating Isabelle on her fortitude), and laughed myself silly. All in all, a very good time.
Lunch went over without mishap, other than Logan upending his bowl of soup. After I had placed his lunch in front of him, I turned to get Isabelle's and in a split second Logan decided he was not really in the mood for soup, and it hit the ground in short order. Naps were long and easy as pie. I read a book and tidied up whilst deciding that although there have been tougher times, when it played out (or Kristy was finished training them completely), I could easily handle two children.
The rest of the week went just as well. Gilles took them on an adventure to Starbucks for steamed milk and the Chapter's train table, as well as the IKEA ball pit and cafeteria! Renee journeyed to the Museum of Science and Tech and the Children's museum. We rocked their worlds for a short time and I really miss my mat leave.
The butterfly exits her bath...
The weekends have been filled with fun outings as well. We took Isabelle swimming and she used "no" for the first time in a very emphatic way. We wanted her to come into the pool and she said, quite simply, "no". This continued for the first five minutes until she decided we were having much too much fun and she joined in. Soon she was jumping off the sides of the pool into my arms and kicking like a maniac.
Here to party!
We also attended a surprise 30th birthday party for Renee. Good food, good company and Isabelle even got bonus time with Lolo on the weekend (on an occasion that called for balloons no less)!
Princess in the making!
She's growing up so quickly. I can't believe it when I hear myself saying that (it's perhaps a BIT overused), but it's true. She is hilarious, and so affectionate, quick witted and SO cute. I have more fun with her than anyone else. I hate the morning, always have, but when I wake up every morning to the sound of "mama, mama" and a blue eyed, big cheeked smile, I cannot resist leaving the bed to play. Unbelievable how she has changed us.
Destiny and Jenna - the new dolls!
3 comments:
Umm, I think I'd like that Lulu Lemon zip-up very much thank you! Like VERY much.
Also, Isabelle looks very cute, I especially like the princess picture. Cute!
Too much cuteness! I hardly recognized Logan, he looks so much more grown-up than the last time I saw him!
Isabelle is a beaut as usual. Olan will have to bring Fritz to Florida to meet Destiny and Jenna! Love all the pictures!
Oh god, Fritz, Destiny, and Jenna! Who names these dolls?
Post a Comment