We had coffee with my friend Julie and got the papers moving for the extension at work, and attended the swimming lessons. Gilles managed to get out of work a bit early so he took half the pool time and enjoyed being able to take part in "What time is it Mr. Shark"? Would really like for them to come up with some more water games for us. I didn't mind watching on the sidelines! At Kindermusic we were introduced to Gertie balls, which are great since they are bouncy balls, but grabbable for babies. Makes it much easier for Isabelle to throw them back to us. We promptly went to Scholar's Choice and picked up a couple for home use (as well as a reggae CD for babies - Mom LOVES the change of pace). Love these classes for getting to know the really good items for kids to have.
Totally mobile Logan!
Today, we had Logan and Renee over for a playdate. Man, is that kid mobile. We are just getting used to Isabelle being able to move around on her own, and it's still a pretty slow move at that. This one is hoisting himself up onto his feet and walking around holding onto different objects. Takes out anything and everyone in his path - singleminded about where he wants to end up. In the event that he needs to get somewhere faster, he just crawls where he needs to go, and at the speed of light! It was great to catch up and we decided that we would try to institute Saturday morning playdates. We can all stay in our pajamas if need be, but it will be a nice start to the weekends, we can enjoy coffee, and the "toddlers" can play together. Prep work for daycare!
I see you, do you see me!?
Isabelle also enjoyed her new pool this week. She stayed in it for almost two hours the first time and only came out because her mother made her.
Playing with her new beach ball!
Isabelle is quickly catching onto the signing. She can really do the one for milk, just as usual, needs to work on the context. She repeats it to me as she is nursing instead of before, or when she's actually hungry. She's also, we think, a prime candidate for sleep walking? She wakes up, or is pretty much still asleep and sits up right away, only to topple over in whatever direction she's pointing in, since she's still really asleep. It's like now that she knows how to do it, it's the first instinct she has whenever she's even slightly awake.
Turns out I didn't jinx her with the comments on the blog last night as she went 12 hours without feeding, from 8-8, and only woke up once in the middle for a cuddle.
Gilles says that I avoid putting photos of myself in the blog, and he's perhaps right about this. I can, however, see one of late that is Isabelle and I in the pool. If the truth be told, it's because in that situation, I can't really say "Sink or swim, little one...Daddy needs a photo of you and Mama wants out of it"....... I'll try and include photos of ALL of the Constant family in the future. How hard, remains to be seen!
What do you mean, I have to come out?
2 comments:
Logan is SO grown up it's crazy! I can't believe it!
Also, I want Isabelle's pool, as if it's not the coolest pool ever!
Counting down the days till I get to see her.
25 days, just incase you wanted to know!
xox Auntie Mer
that pool is awesome! can't wait to see you guys this weekend!
Post a Comment